SFV Halloween Drive-In Nights. Picture by way of My Valley Cross
Los Angeles offers no restrict of issues to do, some superior and a few not so superior. Since time is valuable in this quick paced metropolis we curate an inventory of issues to do in Los Angeles for each weekend that’ll make it easier to determine the way you need to spend your restricted supply of consideration (to not point out dollars!).
This weekend in L.A. from Friday, October 11 to Sunday, October 13 options Pasadena ArtNight, San Fernando Valley Halloween Drive-In Nights, NHM’s “Natural Historical past of Horror,” the DTLA Oyster Pageant, Smorgasburg LA Octubrefest and MUCH more.
Keep in mind you possibly can all the time go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an up to date rundown of what’s occurring around the metropolis.
Hope you find the rundown helpful and, as all the time, take pleasure in your weekend!
Take into account that whereas we retain full editorial management of our content material, for a few of the ticketing choices offered we make the most of affiliate hyperlinks and obtain a commission if you are going to buy by way of our hyperlinks.
Friday October 11th, 2019
1. Pasadena ArtNight attracts tens of hundreds of annual guests to a one-night occasion where more than twenty of Pasadena’s arts and cultural institutions supply free admission. Friends can anticipate on-site food vans and reside performances at most of the collaborating places, including Armory Middle for the Arts, The Gamble Home, the Pasadena Museum of Historical past, USC Asian Pacific Museum, and more. FREE
2. Spooky season is in full effect at San Fernando Valley Halloween Drive-In Nights, the place you possibly can take pleasure in a basic horror movie at the Lake Balboa Complicated, where it is possible for you to to park your car, take heed to the film by way of your radio audio system, and absorb a double function to match the season. Ghostbusters and Friday The 13th will probably be screened on Friday. The following day, October 12, see Adams Household and The Exorcist. Examine for discount tickets earlier than making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
3. Now in its 9th yr, L.A. Comic Con returns to the Los Angeles Convention Middle October 11-13 with 800+ numerous artists and vendors, promoting comics, collectibles, artwork, toys, apparel, and every part in-between. Final yr’s three-day occasion had over 100,000 attendees.
4. Los Angeles Haunted Hayride will unify beneath one theme this yr Midnight Falls a fictional town in 1985 full of macabre characters. Take a look at the Roadkill Ranch on the outskirts of city; Trick or Deal with in a ghoulish neighborhood; drop by the local mortuary, or interact in mini-escape games. In fact, the centerpiece stays the hayride, which can take visitors straight to the hellish portal from which the town’s nightmares escape. Examine for low cost tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
5. The Natural History Museums latest exhibit dives into the scientific inspiration behind a few of Hollywoods most terrifying creatures. “Pure Historical past of Horror” opens October 10, 2019 via April 19, 2020 and can embrace uncommon movie props, film footage, activities and museum specimens.
6. Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Backyard’s family-friendly night time time event Issues That Go Bump within the Night time (October 11-12) invites the public to explore the grounds, get to know nocturnal animals that call the backyard their house and seize a view of night-blooming flowers and carnivorous crops.
7. The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor returns with six terrifying mazes, including the brand new Rogue, during which the crew both is (or isn’t?) working to save lots of the capsized vessel you’re trapped aboard. Nightly leisure, rides, roaming monsters, and themed lounges round out Dark Harbor’s offerings. Occurring September 26 by way of November 2. Verify for discount tickets before making your buy. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
8. Head to this yr’s IndieCade to check out unbiased video games from all over the world. Visitors will be capable of preview and play video games, join in on boards and workshops with the signature event “Night time Gaming”, featuring gameplay underneath the night time sky. Occurring Oct. 10-12.
9. Need to rejoice Halloween early? Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights has been spooking crowds for over 25 years, the park employs the business’s greatest special effects to deliver pop cultures most well-known films and exhibits to life. Mazes embrace Stranger Issues, Strolling Lifeless and the new Ghostbusters expertise. Verify for discounted tickets earlier than making your buy. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
10. Malibu Wine Safaris launched a Haunted Nights Tour this month promising “otherworldly dimensions, haunted forests, psychedelic sci-fi tunnels and beyond.” Tickets are available for Thursday and Friday this week.
11. Obie Award-winning author and director Ain Gordon re-imagines the story of John E. Fryer the courageous homosexual psychiatrist flip activist who made a profound influence on LGBTQ civil rights in 217 Bins of Dr. Henry Nameless introduced by Middle for the Art of Performance UCLA. The present runs Friday and Saturday.
12. Alpine Village Oktoberfest returns this Friday with traditional Bavarian fun like Oom Pah Pah social gathering bands, German fare, and scrumptious chilly German beers. Oktoberfest runs Fridays by way of Sundays October Four – 27.
13. The Haunted 2: Welcome Silly Mortals is an artwork exhibit impressed by places like the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. Marvel at creepy animatronic works alongside work, sculptures, and jewellery. Occurring at The Hive Gallery in Downtown Los Angeles the exhibit will run October 6 by means of November Three and is free to view. FREE
14. Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre in North Hollywood presents their annual Halloween iteration of City Demise Tour of Terror. Friends will wind by means of a short maze earlier than getting into a darkened theater the place collection of disturbing vignettes shall be introduced one after another. The show runs October 4 to November 2, Fridays and Saturdays plus Halloween night time. Examine for discount tickets earlier than making your buy. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
15. Now in its third yr, Haunted Little Tokyo is filling considered one of Los Angeles’ most historic and thrilling neighborhoods with tips and treats. Actions will span the whole month of October and embrace film screenings, a pumpkin patch, a block celebration and a trick or treat night time.
16. Rise up close and private with sharks on the Aquarium of the Pacific throughout Shark Lagoon Nights. Visitors could have the chance to touch bamboo sharks and consider giant sharks in an after hours setting. FREE
17. Road Food Cinema’s Halloween-themed collection at Downtown’s Million Dollar Theatre kicks off their month long residency with the basic 1978 film Halloween. Visitors are allowed to convey meals to the screening and backstage ghost excursions for $12 can also be out there.
18. Pumpkin Nights function hundreds of carved pumpkins throughout a number of pumpkin-themed lands accompanied with special vacation activities. Occurring October 10 by means of November Three.
19. Ford Theatres presents the premiere of Hassan Hajjaj: My Rockstars Experimental Stay. For one night time only, the stay set up infuses stay musical performances, a projected set up of the famous My Rockstars Experimental Vol. 1 collection by Hajjaj all stay on stage for the first time.
20. Überfest is back at Brouwerij West in San Pedro for epic hen dancing, loads of meals and beer plus an Oompah meets rock n’ roll band with viewers contests operating every hour. Occurring this Friday and Saturday. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
21. The Fairplex rework into a German playground for Oktoberfest on October 4-19 Fridays and Saturdays. Anticipate Bavarian music, hen dancing, bratwurst and pretzels while knocking again some authentic German beers. Verify for low cost tickets earlier than making your buy. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
22. 260LA is hosting a Y-3 Adidas sample sale October 8-13. Rating offers on the coveted collaboration between adidas and Japanese designer Yohji Yamamoto. Men’s and ladies’s athletic footwear, athletic apparel, and accessories will probably be as much as 80% off retail.
Saturday October 12th, 2019
23. The 14th annual Pasadena ArtWalk brings a day of art, music and actions to the Playhouse District in Previous Pasadena. The free occasion highlights a number of the prime Southern Californian visible artists showcasing their work in painting, sculpture, watercolor, images, combined media, ceramics, jewelry, drawings, and printmaking. FREE
24. Culver Metropolis Artwork Walk and Roll Pageant returns with a block social gathering on Washington Blvd featuring distinguished artists, stay music, eclectic meals vans, wine and beer gardens, tastings, enjoyable child’s actions, interactive artwork experiences, and extra. FREE
25. 14th Annual Los Angeles Archives Bazaar is an L.A. historical past buff’s dream. Native establishments and archives could have specialists available to point out off uncommon collections and answer questions, plus visitors can take pleasure in a day-long program of shows and workshops. The occasion is free, however USC campus parking rates apply.
26. Craftoberfest takes over the Rose Bowl in Pasadena on October 12 bringing over 20 select SoCal breweries plus traditional German eats for a day impressed by the world’s largest “Volksfest” (beer pageant) in Germany. Examine for low cost tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
27. The DTLA Oyster Pageant is a two-day event at Grand Central Market (organized by Oyster Gourmand) bringing oyster farmers and oyster lovers together to rejoice all-things-oyster. For friends, it’s a chance to shuck their approach by way of quite a lot of oyster supply from farms everywhere in the United States. Admission is free, with oysters out there for buy.
28. The Unique Farmers Market’s annual Fall Pageant occurring October 12-13 presents loads of family-friendly fun, including a pumpkin patch, petting zoo, arts and crafts, pie-eating contests, and loads of reside music.
29. Take the household to Kidspace Youngsters’s Museum in Pasadena for a Spooktacular Monster Mash. The museum will boasts a wide range of Halloween actions together with a slime station, a dance get together, costume parade, treats and extra.
30. After almost one yr, Jewish feminine artist Laurie Shapiro’s sukkot-like rainbow-colored installation ALCHEMY TUNNEL is now ready to debut at multimedia Los Angeles gallery Radiant Area. Particular occasions together with sound baths, yoga courses, meals, talks, and performances curated by Olivia Mia Orozco will all happen inside the set up on select days. The installation will open for public viewing on Saturdays starting October 12. FREE
31. Get to know the East Village Arts District this Saturday during a docent led East Village Strolling Tour.
32. Come rejoice the third birthday of Frogtown Brewery with stay music, art, meals, a beer garden, as well as a slew of unique beer releases in bottles, cans, and tap.
33. The Italian American Museum of Los Angeles presents the 11th annual Taste of Italy highlighting the area’s greatest Italian restaurants, world class wines and reside entertainment.
34. The Echo Park Movie Collection, in partnership with Council member Mitch O’Farrell, is presenting a collection of summer time/fall movie nights at Echo Park Lake this week To Sir, With Love shall be screened. FREE
35. Head to the colorful, winding set up referred to as The Second Residence Serpentine Pavilion at the La Brea Tar Pits for a Group Marathon Weekend (October 12-13) showcasing non-profit organizations using dance, poetry, artwork and schooling to rework individuals’s lives in L.A. Most occasions are free or donation based mostly.
36. Reign of Terror is likely one of the largest haunted homes you possibly can attend, and it grows greater yearly. This yr promises 115 rooms, encompassing nine totally different themes, every one related to the final. Themes embrace Infected, Asylum, Miner’s Revenge, Enjoyable Home, the all-new Containment and extra. There’s also a brand new expertise referred to as the Widow’s Den where one ought to “keep away from being wrapped up.” We will only assume meaning spiders. Particular events embrace a Lights-On tour ($5), for many who would like to see the units without all of the scares, and a Lights-Out, for many who’d want to navigate the maze with a single glow stick per group.
37. Spend a day at Santa Anita Park sipping on craft beer, and tasting some the most effective scorching wings in Southern California in the course of the Scorching Wings & Craft Beer Pageant this Saturday. Examine for low cost tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
38. Head to the second annual Secret Undertaking Pageant October 12-13 for an avant-garde digital music expertise
39. Head to the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens for Boo on the Zoo on any Saturday or Sunday in the course of the month of October for a large assortment of seasonal activities for the entire family.
40. Road Meals Cinema returns this weekend with three screening occasions. Beetlejuice, Hocus Pocus and A Nightmare of Elm Road all screened outdoor at iconic places. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
41.Nights of the Jack, a half mile trail utterly full of hundreds of popular culture inspired hand-carved illuminated Jack O’Lanterns returns to King Gillette Ranch in Calabasas October Three via November Three for a spooktacular family pleasant occasion.
42. L.A.’s only reside animated comedy present Picture This!is back with a show on Saturday at The Virgil. This Saturday’s lineup includes a dozen well-known comedians and animators.
43. The town of Monterey Park presents the 6th Annual Geranium Pageant and Artwalk that includes quite a lot of occasions, actions, contests, demonstrations and reveals which are all household friendly.
Sunday October 13th, 2019
44. Have fun the Jewish vacation of Sukkot at Skirball Cultural Middle on the annual Harvest Pageant. Take pleasure in stay music, dancing and harvest related makers stations and actions. The price of admission to the museum will help you partake in the pageant. Verify for low cost tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
45. Large foodie market Smorgasburg LA and Hecho in LA hosts Octubrefest, a twist on the normal Octoberfest that trades brats, steins and polka for chorizo, Mega-Micheladas and cumbia. There shall be Octubrefest pop-up food distributors and specials in addition to Latinx buying distributors.
46. Rejoice Indigenous Peoples Day at Grand Park recognizing the Past, Present, and Future, with a call to action for our state and federal lawmakers to switch Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples Day. As well as the Autry Museum will host an Indigenous Satisfaction occasion. FREE
47. Celebrating the 244th Birthday of the U.S. Navy, the Battleship IOWA Museum hosts their first annual Steel Seashore BBQ Fundraiser to help the Veteran’s Reintegration Middle. Take pleasure in BBQ, craft beer, wine tastings, nation line dance classes and more all aboard the historic ship.
48. Cease by Hollywood Endlessly Cemetery and be a part of the Art Deco Society of Los Angeles throughout a strolling tour back into time to seek out out concerning the many famous Hollywood legends who rest in peace at this iconic cemetery.
49. Artist Maximillian’s fashionable horror-themed pop-up I Like Scary Films returns for Halloween season September 20 by means of November 17. The detailed and delightful collection of installations is a love letter from the artist to iconic horror films like The Misplaced Boys, Beetlejuice, and The Shining. Runs Wednesday by way of Sundays. Verify for discount tickets earlier than making your buy. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
50. Creep L.A. presents the fifth installment of HAUS OF CREEP an immersive 75-minute experience that takes friends in a bizarre world where actuality and performance artwork blur in a very dark approach. HAUS OF CREEP will run from September 13 via November 3 on all weekends with some weeknights out there.
51. There’s a day by day Great Pumpkin Hunt occurring on the South Coast Botanic Backyard featuring an imaginative scavenger hunt, mild mountaineering, a pumpkin store and access to the beautiful 87-acre grounds. Nice for households. Halloween costumes are welcome.
52. E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood continues their trendy cinema collection Melrose Rooftop Theatre with a screening of Edward Scissorhands.
53. Yoga at Angel City Brewery welcomes all ranges of expertise with a donation of $15-20 that features a free drink on the finish.
54. Howdy Kitty Pals Around the World Tour celebrates Whats up Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, sensible walk-through adventure from September 20 via October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hey Kitty Air’ to nearly go to London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
Meals Decide for the Week
This week’s decide by Christina Champlin, Co-Founder of We Like L.A.
The parents behind Te’Kila in Hollywood and Sherman Oaks have a brand new burger and cocktail bar idea referred to as Smashed. It opens right on the Hollywood Stroll of Fame this Friday, Oct. 11 and it comes with a special bonus: free smashed type burgers. Stop by between 6 to 7 p.m. to attain a burger on the home, plus visitors can take pleasure in drink specials, giveaways and a reside DJ spinning between 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Smashed’s provides signature smashed Wagyu beef burgers, Past Meat™ plant-based burgers and loaded fries. The bar program options basic, signature, and slushy cocktails as well as a number of wine and beer.
Smashed is situated at 6541 Hollywood Blvd Ste 102 Los Angeles, 90028
Need to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox each week? Sign up for our e mail program. Have an upcoming event you’d like recommend for itemizing? Drop us a line at [email protected]